- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 2 x Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, minced, (I used 8 ounce of some Aji-Fatali sauce I'd made)
- 2 Tbsp. Canned minced jalapenos, (I used 3 large fresh ones and a couple of Bolivian rainbows)
- 1 pkt (10-ounce) frzn spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 c. Grated Monterey Jack cheese, about 7 ounce, (I used smoked Provolone)
- 8 ounce Cream cheese, (I used Neufchatel)
- 1 c. Half-and-half
- 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar, (I used some vinegar I'd used to preserve some habs)
- 2 can (2.2 ounce) sliced black olives, liquid removed Salt and pepper Tortilla chips
- Heat oil; saute/fry onion till soft. Add in tomatoes and chiles; cook 2 min.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and add in next 5 ingredients. (I used an electric mixer.) Combine thoroughly. Stir in olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mix into baking dish and bake at 400 till bubbly and top is brown, about 35 min. (I used the microwave). Serve with tortilla chips. (I used a hollowed-out round semolina bread as a serving container.) and there you have it.
- This recipe is pretty flexible, as there are plenty of elements you can play with, as I did. Have fun with it.