Mimosas are always so popular at brunches. They’re an elegant orange colored champagne cocktail. A classic one is made with just orange juice and champagne. The addition of pineapple juice makes a wonderful fruity change. As for champagne, no need to buy an expensive bottle, any reasonably priced sparkling wine will do. For the kids use 7-up to replace the sparkling wine. The skinny on this nice, light, refreshing drink is 152 calories, 0 fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Cheers!
- 2 cups fresh orange juice, chilled
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne or sparkling wine, chilled, see shopping tip
- Orange slices, for garnish, optional
- In a pitcher, stir together the orange juice and pineapple juice.
- To make one cocktail, pour equal parts orange juice mixture and champagne into a champagne flute, wine or martini glass. Garnish with one orange slice, if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled, tripled and so on. To make it kid-friendly, plan for extra orange juice and pineapple juice. Add equal parts of the juice mixture and 7-up.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 248g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.22g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.19g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|